Optimize Facelift Results with Non-surgical Skin Care
A facelift is considered by many to be the gold standard in the field of facial plastic surgery. A facelift addresses sagging skin and deep creases to redefine facial features and give patients a rejuvenated appearance. Facelift surgery offers highly effective results, but some people want even further enhancement.
To fully optimize facelift results, Dr. David Sherris can combine a facelift with non-surgical skin care. Dr. Sherris customizes treatment for his Buffalo, NY, patients so that he is able to meet each of their specific needs and desires, while providing them with a more refreshed and youthful look.
What to Expect from a Facelift
There are several different facelift techniques available. While each procedure varies slightly, they all aim to restore firmness to facial skin and enhance the definition of facial features. To achieve these results, Dr. Sherris removes excess skin and fatty tissues, repositions and tightens underlying facial muscles, and then lifts and re-drapes remaining skin before closing surgical incisions. Traditionally, the alterations made during a facelift are targeted to the lower two-thirds of the face (from the cheeks to the upper neck).
Dr. Sherris discusses each patient’s goals prior to facelift surgery and gives them a realistic idea of the results they can expect from treatment. Depending on each of our Buffalo patient's needs, a facelift can address any of these concerns:
- Hollow or sunken facial features
- Deep lines or creases along the cheeks or mouth
- Sagging skin
- Loose jowls
- Excess fat under the chin
What Can’t a Facelift Do?
For all of the applications of facelift treatment, it does have its limits. Some cosmetic concerns that develop as a person ages cannot be corrected with facelift treatment, including:
- Fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes or forehead
- Uneven skin tone
- Skin discoloration or age spots
- Sun damage
- Severe lack of volume in the cheeks, lips, or other facial features
If a patient finds that facelift surgery does not provide them with the full results they were hoping for, there are other treatments to consider. Fortunately, many of the treatments that enhance facelift results to further reverse signs of aging are non-surgical.
Non-surgical Skin Care Treatments
To address the types of issues mentioned above, Dr. Sherris may recommend non-surgical skin care treatment after facelift recovery. There are several different skin care treatments available. Our Buffalo patients may benefit from one or any combination of the following:
- BOTOX® - Botox is a cosmetic injectable that temporarily paralyzes the muscles that cause wrinkles, to restore smoother skin
- Dermal fillers - Dermal fillers are injections that add volume to the treatment site to smooth out wrinkles or further define facial features
- Chemical peels - Chemical peels resurface the skin to address skin damage, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and give skin a more even and healthy appearance
Schedule Your Consultation
Whether you are looking to treat common signs of aging or are hoping to enhance the results of a previous facelift procedure, Dr. David Sherris can help. To learn more about the services offered at our facial plastic surgery center, send us a message online or call (716) 884-5102.