How Long Will the Effects of Botox Last?
We all wish the benefits of Botox® lasted forever. Unfortunately, the effects of the botulinum toxin that eliminates dynamic wrinkles wear off over time. If you were wondering how long Botox lasts for, we can provide you with more information on the topic.
In addition to answering your questions, you should know that scheduling regular visits to The Clinic of Facial Plastic Surgery in Buffalo, NY, is convenient. Our receptionist will be glad to schedule your visits at regular intervals so you can always enjoy the rejuvenating benefits of non-surgical Botox treatment.
Botox Results: What to Expect
Most patients begin to enjoy the full benefits of reduced wrinkles seven to 14 days after their treatment. The effects of Botox are generally experienced for three to six months. As you near the three- to six-month mark, you will begin to notice a return of muscle contractions around the treatment site.
As the muscles regain use due to the waning effects of the botulinum toxin, dynamic wrinkles will become noticeable again. At this point, another treatment will need to be scheduled.
Each patient comes with unique cosmetic problems and physiological factors. There is no way to accurately predict how long your specific cosmetic results will last. On the short end, some patients enjoy reduced wrinkles for two months. Other patients may see their cosmetic benefits last up to six months.
There can even be variation between treatments. Many patients notice that their second and subsequent Botox treatments last longer than the first injection. By the time you finish your second injection, Dr. David Sherris will have a good idea of how to schedule your subsequent procedures.
How to Make the Most out of Your Botox Treatments
Once it has been injected, Botox will degrade and be reabsorbed at a rate that is determined by biological factors that are largely out of your control. However, there are certain steps you can take to make the most out of your Botox treatments while ensuring that the effects last as long as possible. These proven tips include:
● Working with a double-board certified facial plastic surgeon like Dr. Sherris to ensure that you are given the proper dosage to meet your cosmetic needs and personal goals
● Avoiding excersise and any massage to the injection sites the same day as injection.
● Avoiding sunbeds and excessive sunlight, which can cause wrinkles that Botox cannot address
● Moisturize your skin and drink plenty of water
● Eat a healthy diet and avoid extreme weight fluctuations
● Consider combining your Botox treatments with dermal fillers that can last several months or longer
● Trust your doctor to recommend suitable cosmetic treatments that don’t “overdo it”
● Invest in quality skincare products that can further rejuvenate your face
● Schedule maintenance visits to prevent wrinkles from reoccurring
Schedule Your Botox Treatment Today
Botox is a highly effective and safe cosmetic treatment that can erase the appearance of crow’s feet and frown line wrinkles. Once Dr. Sherris understands how long your cosmetic results will last for, your treatments can be scheduled at regular intervals that fit conveniently into your daily life. To schedule your visit to see Dr. Sherris, contact our office online or call (716) 884-5102