Benefits of Combining Skin Care and Facial Plastic Surgery
At the practice of David Sherris, M.D., The Clinic of Facial Plastic Surgery, we are dedicated to improving our patients’ confidence and appearance with the most advanced skin care treatments and facial plastic surgery procedures. For many patients, a combination of treatments will provide them with the most comprehensive facial rejuvenation results. That is why we commonly recommend facial plastic surgery procedures, along with less invasive skin care treatments, to provide patients with the best possible outcomes. In this blog post, we discuss the benefits of combining skin care treatments and facial plastic surgery at our Buffalo, NY practice.
Wrinkles and Drooping
By the time patients reach their 40s, they have noticed fine lines and wrinkles develop around the eyes, nose, and mouth. They may also notice that certain areas of the face, such as the jowls or upper eyelids, begin to droop, contributing to an aging appearance. In their earliest stages, wrinkles and sagging skin can be treated with injectables. BOTOX® Cosmetic is ideal for the treatment of wrinkles around the eyes and on the forehead. Dermal fillers such as JUVÉDERM®, Restylane®, RADIESSE®, and Sculptra® Aesthetic, can treat drooping jowls, wrinkles, and creases around the mouth and nose.
Eventually, fine lines may turn into deep creases, at which point facial plastic surgery can more effectively address these signs of aging. Dr. Sherris can perform the following procedures to rejuvenate the face:
- Facelift surgery can treat sagging jowls, marionette lines, and nasolabial folds. This treatment is ideal for patients that wish to tighten the skin and minimize the appearance of wrinkles in the lower half of the face.
- Upper eyelid surgery can lift drooping upper lids, giving the eyes a more youthful and refreshed appearance.
- Lower eyelid surgery can reduce the appearance of under eye circles,puffiness and bags rejuvenating your appearance.
- Brow lift surgery can lift drooping brows and minimize the appearance of lines across the forehead and between the brows.
Skin Care Treatments
While facial plastic surgery procedures can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and droopiness by tightening the skin, these surgical procedures do not address the quality or texture of the skin. If you have age spots, skin damage, acne scars, or other skin problems, professional skin care treatments may be right for you. We can perform a chemical peel or dermabrasion to even out your skin tone and smooth the surface of the skin.
- We may recommend a 15% TCA peel, 35% to 50% TCA peel, or Jessner’s peel to remove the outer layers of skin, revealing the fresher and more youthful skin that lies beneath. This treatment involves the application of the peel product to the face for a designated amount of time.
- The dermabrasion treatment involves the use of rotating diamond wheel that removes the outer layers of skin and is more effective for deeper lines around the mouth.
By combining skin care treatments with facial plastic surgery, patients benefit from smoother and more youthful skin. To find out which combination of treatments is right for you, contact The Clinic of Facial Plastic Surgery today. We look forward to hearing from you.